Travel

Saturday 16 July 2016

Former Minister of Aviation released after 2 months detention!


Former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode, was released after meeting his bail conditions while in custody for over two months. The Federal High Court had granted N250m bail to Fani-Kayode
who is being tried by the EFCC for allegedly stealing and laundering about N1.5bn. He was released at about 6:30pm in Lagos on Friday.

Shortly after his release, The former Aviation Minister,  told Channels Television, “I give thanks to God that I am free after 67 days in detention.

“This was the worst experience of my life but God was with me all the way. I suffered immeasurably but I count it all as joy.

“I am innocent of all charges and I look forward to defending myself vigorously in court. These charges are politically motivated and I have been severely punished for my political views and criticisms of the government.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts