Travel

Saturday 25 June 2016

Pastor arrested for heading a robbery gang!

Christian Oboko, 35 an anti-robbery policeman and also a pastor was arrested for heading a gang robbery in Rivers state. People were shock because he was not just an ordinary policeman but He was
also resident pastor of Battle Axe Assembly Church located at the Chuba Allo area of Port Harcourt.

One of the gang’s confessions aided the police in arresting Oboko.” Oboko, who joined the force in 2003 said he was living at the police barracks on Iche Street, Borokiri, Port Harcourt, while ‘moonlighting’ as a robber

In an interview with newsmen, he said: “I don’t know what came over me. I’m the resident Pastor of Battle Axe Assembly Church, located at the Chuba Allo area of Port Harcourt. I have the calling from God to be a pastor. I don’t know what made me join this evil business of robbery.

I know this business is evil and shouldn’t have joined but I could not resist the temptation." His double life was blown open after one of his gang members, John Paul Amandi, 27, was arrested. A police source said: “Oboko provided guns for the gang.


Whenever the gang was moving stolen vehicles through interstate, he would go with them to ensure no security agents would disturb them on the road using his police influence. Whenever any of the gang members were arrested, Oboko would get them bailed using police influence and lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts